Work experience is a short term placement within a business or organisation that you do as part of school, TAFE or university studies. At Mount St. Joseph Girls’ College, students are required to undertake one week of work experience placement.
Looking for the Safe@Work Activities? Click here!
Information for Employers
Thank you for hosting one of our students. I encourage you to make yourself familiar with the information on the Work Experience Arrangement Form. You should also be sure to read through the following documents.
- Amended Ministerial Order 382 – Work Experience Arrangements
- Blank Amended Work Experience Arrangement Form
- Blank Amended Work Experience Travel and Accommodation Form (to be used where relevant)
- Work Experience Guidelines for Employers
- Frequently Asked Questions – Child Employment Legislation and Workplace Learning
For the most up-to-date and relevant information, please be sure to visit the Department of Education and Training website for Work Experience.
Dates for Work Experience in 2019
- Monday 24 June to Friday 28 June, 2019
Starting in 2019, students are able to secure an alternative date to the published work experience week (or may elect to complete more than one placement).
You will need to speak to one of the listed teachers in person, not via email, to have your dates approved.
When you have read through the General Module and Industry Specific Module information you can take the Assessment here for both modules. Simply select the module you wish to take the assessment for.
You cannot undertake work experience without completing the Safe@Work Program.