Work experience is a short term placement within a business or organisation that you do as part of school, TAFE or university studies. At Mount St. Joseph Girls’ College, students are required to undertake one week of work experience placement.
Looking for the Safe@Work Activities? Click here!
Dates for Work Experience in 2019
- Monday 24 June to Friday 28 June, 2019
Starting in 2019, students are able to secure an alternative date to the published work experience week (or may elect to complete more than one placement).
If you wish to complete your placement at a later date, you will need to gain approval from Mr McMillan or Ms Anastasi.
You will need to speak to one of the listed teachers in person, not via email, to have your dates approved.
Process for securing Work Experience
Once you have identified an employer who is willing to take you on, you will need to complete an Application for Work Experience form and return to Mr. McMillan.
After submitting this form, you will receive a contract via email that will need to be checked to ensure your details are correct. If the details are correct you will need to do the following:
- Present the form to the employer so that they can read the conditions and sign.
- The nominated parent or guardian must then read the Parent/Guardian section and sign.
- The student then must read the Student section and sign the form.
You must then return the form to Mr. McMillan.
The Principal will not sign this form until the first three parties have signed the contract.
Once the form has been submitted, a copy will be sent to the employer and student. The employer, parent/guardian and student will then receive a package via email outlining the expectations for work experience.
- Week 9, Term 1 – 2019: You must have submitted an Application for Work Experience and met with Mr McMillan to have a Work Experience Arrangement Form given to you.
- Week 4, Term 2 – 2019: Submit your Work Experience Arrangement Form with a signature from the employer, parent/guardian and yourself.
When you have read through the General Module and Industry Specific Module information you can take the Assessment here for both modules. Simply select the module you wish to take the assessment for.
You cannot undertake work experience without completing the Safe@Work Program.