2022 Course Guides
Click on the logos below to go the course guide for each institution for 2022.
Where can I study to be a…?
Refer to this matrix to determine where you can study to become a…
Interested in studying medicine?
General Practitioners and Resident Medical Officers diagnose and treat physical and mental illnesses, disorders and injuries, recommend preventative action and refer patients to specialist Medical Practitioners, other health care workers, and social, welfare and support workers.
A bachelor degree in medicine is needed to work as a General Practitioner or Resident Medical Officer. Graduates must also complete a one year internship and at least one more year employed as a resident before they can apply for the Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners or the Fellowship of the Australian College of Rural Remote Medicine. Many General Practitioners and Resident Medical Officers complete postgraduate studies.
What does a GP do?
- Conducts examinations and questions patients to determine the nature of disorders and illnesses, and records patients’ medical information.
- Orders laboratory tests, x-rays and other diagnostic procedures, and interprets findings to assist in diagnosis.
- Provides overall care for patients, and prescribes and administers treatments, medications and other remedial measures.
- Monitors patients’ progress and response to treatment.
- Advises on diet, exercise and other habits which aid prevention and treatment of disease and disorders.
- Refers patients to, and exchanges medical information with, specialist medical practitioners.
- Reports births, deaths and notifiable diseases to government authorities.
- Arranges the admission of patients to hospitals.
Medical Matrix 2022 below:
2022 MORE SPECIFIC COURSE GUIDES
- Download the guide here
Nursing, Midwifery, Paramedicine
- Diagnostic Radiography, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Medical Ultrasound – click here
- Pharmacy, Medical Laboratory Science, Biomedicine – click here
- Podiatry – click here
- Speech Pathology – click here
- Occupational Therapy – click here
- Physiotherapy, Chiropractic, Osteopathy, Myotherapy – click here
- Prosthetics and Orthotics – click here
- Youth Work, Social Work – click here
- Optometry, Orthoptics, Clinical Audiology – click here
- Dentistry, Oral Health – click here
- Exercise Physiology – click here
- Nutrition, Dietetics – click here