Students have the opportunity to visit one or two universities in Melbourne to explore the campus and speak with representatives and students about study options and campus life. These tours provide an opportunity for students to better understand how they will get to university, what they can study, and what life is like as a university student.
What you need
- Be sure to bring a MyKi to catch public transport.
- A pen and note book for any information you wish to note down.
- Snacks and/or lunch, or money to purchase food.
What will happen
Students on this tour will have the opportunity to:
- Visit the Deakin University Burwood Campus
- Speak with representatives from the university on course options
- Engage in a presentation on what is on offer at all Deakin University campuses
- Have a tour of the campus
Timings of the day
- Meet your teacher, Ms MacCaughey, at 9:45am outside of the bookstore steps on campus (see the map below).
- At 10:00am Ambassadors will collect you and take you to the presentation. You’ll also have an opportunity to hear from first year Deakin students.
- At 10:50am you will have a tour of the campus and also look at residential options.
- Between 12 and 12:30pm, you’ll be dismissed and are able to explore the campus further or sit down somewhere for lunch!
Where to meet
You’ll need to meet your supervising teacher (Ms Helen MacCaughey) at F, Deakin University, 221 Burwood Hwy, Burwood VIC 3125.
Where you’ll be dismissed
Students will be dismissed from Deakin University at the conclusion of the Campus Tour/City Challenge at 12:00pm.
Students are free to explore the campus further or head into the many cafes and restaurants to have lunch.
Students will be responsible for making their way back home.