Students have the opportunity to visit one or two universities in Melbourne to explore the campus and speak with representatives and students about study options and campus life. These tours provide an opportunity for students to better understand how they will get to university, what they can study, and what life is like as a university student.
What you need
- Be sure to bring a MyKi to catch public transport.
- A pen and note book for any information you wish to note down.
- Snacks and/or lunch, or money to purchase food.
What will happen
Students on this tour will have the opportunity to:
- Visit the RMIT City Campus
- Discover course options for study at RMIT
- Speak with RMIT representatives about courses
- Visit Swinburne University of Technology Campus – we will travel by train to reach this campus so it is imperative that you have a topped up MyKi.
- Discover course options for study at Swinburne
- Speak with Swinburne representatives about courses
- Have lunch or snacks on campus to get a feel for campus life
Timings of the day
- Meet your teachers at 9:45am behind Building 80 on Stewart Street, Melbourne.
- Begin Campus Presentation and Campus Tour at 10:00am.
- Students may be unsupervised for 20 minutes as they complete a campus challenge.
- Conclude RMIT Campus Tour at 11:00am.
- Lunch at Melbourne Central.
- At 12:20pm, students will catch the train to Swinburne University of Technology.
- Begin Swinburne Campus Tour and Presentation at 1:00pm.
- Students are dismissed from Swinburne University of Technology (35 Wakefield St, Hawthorn) at 2pm.
Where to meet
You’ll need to meet your supervising teachers (Ms Cherie Meurant, Ms Emma Commadeur, Ms Valerie Skahill) behind Building 80 on Stewart Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 – also known as A’Beckett Urban Square.
Where you’ll be dismissed
Students will be dismissed from Swinburne University of Technology at the conclusion of the Campus Tour at 2:00pm. The address is: 35 Wakefield St, Hawthorn VIC 3122.
Students will be responsible for making their way back home.