Students have the opportunity to visit one or two universities in Melbourne to explore the campus and speak with representatives and students about study options and campus life. These tours provide an opportunity for students to better understand how they will get to university, what they can study, and what life is like as a university student.
What you need
- Be sure to bring a MyKi to catch public transport.
- A pen and note book for any information you wish to note down.
- Snacks and/or lunch, or money to purchase food.
What will happen
Students on this tour will have the opportunity to:
- Visit the University of Melbourne Campus
- Unfortunately, no presentations are provided on a Friday, however, students will be lead on a campus tour by a current student.
- Visit the RMIT City Campus
- Discover course options for study at RMIT
- Speak with RMIT representatives about courses
- Engage in the RMIT City Challenge
Timings of the day
- Meet your teacher at 9:45am outside of Stop 1 on Swanston St, Parkville.
- Begin Campus Tour at 10:00am.
- Melbourne does not provide presentations on Friday. A representative will visit the College at a later date to present on course options.
- Conclude Melbourne Campus Tour at 11:00am.
- Have a brief lunch and make our way to RMIT University via tram or walking.
- Begin RMIT University Tour and Presentation at 12:00pm.
- Students are dismissed from RMIT University (RMIT City Campus, 124 La Trobe St, Melbourne) at 1pm.
Where to meet
You’ll need to meet your supervising teacher (Mr Jay McMillan) at Stop 1 – 199, 757 Swanston St, Parkville VIC 3010.
Where you’ll be dismissed
Students will be dismissed from RMIT University at the conclusion of the Campus Tour/City Challenge at 1:00pm.
Students will be responsible for making their way back home.