Access Melbourne provides applicants with the opportunity to explain the circumstances that have affected their chance of gaining a place at the University of Melbourne.
Uni isn’t about where you’ve come from. It’s about who you’re going to be.
There are different ways of getting into university and for some, the road isn’t easy. If your circumstances in secondary school have prevented you from achieving the best possible ATAR, Access Melbourne can help. You could be guaranteed a place at Melbourne if you’re from a rural or isolated area, have a disadvantaged financial background, or are an Indigenous student.
Each year at least 25 per cent of domestic undergraduate places at the University are reserved for Access Melbourne applicants. You may even be eligible for a scholarship.
Access Melbourne Categories
You can apply under one or more of the above categories if the description matches your circumstances.
Am I eligible?
There are a few extra things to take note of. To apply for Access Melbourne, you must:
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident or holder of a permanent humanitarian visa.
- Have not been awarded results in a degree at a tertiary institution (this does not apply to applicants eligible for the non-school leaver entry scheme/mature age consideration category or Indigenous category, and does not include single subjects, bridging schemes or higher education studies undertaken as part of Year 12).
- Have demonstrated the capacity to successfully undertake the course of your choice.
- Apply for a University of Melbourne undergraduate course through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC).
Get a guaranteed place
For 2020 entry, the University guarantees admission to eligible current Year 12 applicants. For a guaranteed place in 2020, you’ll need to meet prerequisites and achieve these ATARs (or notional ATARs) in 2019.
How to apply
- Register and submit a course application with VTAC.
- VTAC and SEAS applications open on 5 August 2019.
- Timely applications close on 30 September 2019 at 5pm.
- Login to your VTAC account and submit your application for the Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS).
- Submit supporting documents, statements and required evidence by 5pm on Friday 11 October 2019.