What is a VIFM Careers Information Session?
Because we cannot offer work experience here at the Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine, we instead offer secondary school students in years 10, 11 and 12 with the opportunity to attend a VIFM Careers Information Session.
This informative afternoon will give you an insight into the broad range of career options available in forensic medicine and science. Our experts in fields such as
- forensic pathology
- forensic toxicology
- forensic anthropology
- odontology (forensic dentistry)
- clinical forensic medicine and
- molecular biology (DNA)
talk to students about what it’s like to work in their chosen fields here at the VIFM and what path they took to get where they are today. The VIFM holds two Career Information Sessions per year during school holidays.
WHEN: The afternoon commences at 12.30pm and generally concludes by approximately 4.00pm. Please arrive at least 10 minutes early to sign in and find a seat in the lecture theatre.
VENUE: Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine, 65 Kavanagh Street, Southbank, Plueckhahn Lecture Theatre.
Spaces are limited so attendees must RSVP to this event.
If you have any questions, please call our Human Resources Department on (03) 9684 4412 or email email@example.com
- Due to the high demand for places we do not have seats available for parents/guardians in our lecture theatre. There are many cafes in the area and along Southgate where you can sit and relax while you wait.
- We do not have onsite parking. Visit our website – http://www.vifm.org/contact-us/ for alternative parking and transport options.
- We cannot offer a tour of the facility due to the secure and sensitive nature of our work.