If you’re currently studying in Year 12 in Victoria, and applying for courses through VTAC for 2020, you’ll now be eligible to receive a course offer in December, just after your ATAR comes out!
You will still be eligible for existing offer rounds in January and February as well, but an extra December round provides you with the additional chance to receive an offer. This is great news for students in Victoria – it means that you may receive an offer for study before Christmas!
Timeline for Preferences
- 9am – Monday 5 August – Applications and change of preference open
- 7am – Thursday 12 December – ATAR and VCE Results released
- 4pm – Saturday 14 December – Change of Preference closes for VCE students
- 2pm – Wednesday 18 December – Offers released
- 4pm – Wednesday 18 December – Change of Preference opens
- 4pm – Friday 20 December – Change of Preference closes for 2019
More Change of Preference Periods and Offer Rounds are in 2020.
Domestic applicants currently studying the VCE are eligible for offers in the December round. All other applicants will be considered in offer rounds from January onwards.
Most, but not all courses will make offers in the December round. Below is a detailed outline list of statements from tertiary institutions that are likely to participate. All courses will participate in the January round, regardless of whether they have made offers in December.
Australian Catholic University
All ACU courses will be included in the December offer round. Please note that limited offers will be made to certain health science courses.
All CQUniversity courses offered via VTAC will participate in the December round. Limited places will be offered for the Bachelor of Medical Sonography/Graduate Diploma of Medical Sonography course.
For more information on which courses are available please contact CQUniversity on 13 27 86.
Most Deakin University courses will be participating in the new December offer round. Further information will be published on the Deakin website shortly.
Federation University Australia
Federation University will be participating in the December round. Courses participating will include those where selection is based on ATAR and prerequisites only. For courses that have essential requirements for admission, such as auditions or interviews, you must have completed these requirements by Wednesday 11 December in order to be considered in the December round. All other offers will be made in the January round.
La Trobe University
La Trobe University will be making offers to eligible current VCE students in December. All courses which use the ATAR and prerequisites will participate in the December round, excluding those that require additional information for selection, such as interviews. A list of courses available for application are available on the La Trobe website.
Most courses that select on ATAR and prerequisites only are planning to participate in the December offer round. Some courses with placements or limited capacity may not participate. Monash Guarantee and SEAS offers will be made in December if the course is participating in the round.
All three medicine courses (2800311251; 2800311261; 2800311231) will not participate in the December round. Offers for these courses will be made in January only.
The full list of courses not participating in Domestic December round will be available on the Monash website in late July 2019.
All courses are participating in the December round except Graduate EntryTeaching (GET) courses. Only domestic Current Year 12 applicants will be considered in this round. More information about courses available for December round can be found on the RMIT website.
Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne University of Technology will participate in the December round offer for undergraduate courses, including bachelor degrees, associate degrees and UniLink diplomas, with some exceptions.
Courses that will not participate in the December round are:
- Bachelor of Aviation
- Bachelor of Aviation/Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary)/Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary)/Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood and Primary)
- Bachelor of Engineering Practice (Honours)
- Bachelor of Accounting and Information Systems (Professional)
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Certificate III
- Certificate IV
- Diploma (other than UniLink)
- Advanced Diploma
Offers for the above courses will be released from January offer round 1.
The University of Melbourne
The University of Melbourne will participate in the new December round of offers and applicants will be considered for offers in all courses. Only VCE applicants will be considered in this new round this year. It is likely that the majority of offers will be made in the January round (including VCE applicants who did not receive an offer in December). Therefore, applicants who do not receive an offer in December may still receive an offer in later rounds. The applicants who will receive offers in December are:
- Applicants who are eligible for an Access Melbourne selection guarantee
- Applicants who are eligible for selection guarantees in courses where these apply – Chancellor’s Scholars, Graduate Degree Packages and the Bachelor of Commerce; and
- Applicants for the Bachelor of Music of Bachelor of Fine Arts who have received notification that they were successful in the extra requirements and are otherwise eligible for an offer.
In addition, for courses where selection is based on ATAR but no selection guarantee applies, the University of Melbourne will make offers in this round down to a predetermined ATAR which will be published in December at the latest. Note that this ATAR may be higher than the ATAR required for an offer in the January round.
Most Victoria University courses will participate in the December offer round. More information and a final list of courses will be published on our website later in the year.
TAFE and Private Institutions
Academy of Interactive Entertainment
AIE Melbourne Campus will participate in the early VTAC December Rounds, offering its prospective students the opportunity to secure their place in any on of their programs, prior to the beginning of the new year.
To be considered, you must attend your interview and present your portfolio to an AIE selection officer, prior to the December round cut off date. Interviews are set by AIE, once you apply through VTAC.
Australian Guild of Music Education
The AGME is pleased to be able to participate in the new December round of VTAC offers. Applicants are advised that enrolment in the course is conditional on the successful completion of an audition and music theory placement examination. Candidates who receive an offer will be advised as to when this will take place. Please feel free to contact the Guild on (03) 9822 3111 or to email the Academic Director, Dr. Houston Dunleavy, firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries, or visit our website, guildmusic.edu.au for further details.
Collarts (Australian College of the Arts)
All Collarts courses will participate in the December offer round. Further information will be available at https://blog.collarts.edu.au
Deakin College will be participating in the December round for all courses. Students will be eligible for an offer provided they have met the ATAR course prerequisites. Further information about entry requirements can be found at https://www.deakincollege.edu.au/ admission-aus
La Trobe College Australia
La Trobe College Australia will participate in the December round for all courses. Students will be eligible for an offer provided they have met the ATAR and course prerequisites. More information available at: https://www.latrobecollegeaustralia.edu.au/
All of our courses which use ATAR and subject prerequisites only will participate in the December round in 2019. Please visit macleay.edu. au for details.
Melbourne Polytechnic will be participating in the December round and all courses offered via VTAC will participate.
Photography Studies College
Photography Studies College (PSC) will be participating in the December offer round with the following courses:
- Bachelor of Photography For this course the ATAR score is not the base on which selection is made. Applicants are required to attend an interview with folio (creative work) presentation. All applicants are interviewed during the interview period. Individual interview appointments are made (or skype/phone interviews with folio emailed for those in rural areas who have difficulty attending). These are held during November and or if necessary, the first week of December. This course emails out following the interview an A, B or C letter to applicants which advises if the applicants have been successful and met pre-selection requirements for entry. Any very late applicants or January Change of Preference will be eligible for the January offer round.
- Certificate IV in Photography & Photo Imaging and Diploma of Photography & Photo Imaging: For these courses the ATAR score is not the base on which selection is made. Applicants are required to attend an interview. These interviews are finalised by early December. Any very late applicants or change of preference in January will be eligible for January round.
SAE Creative Media Institute
All SAE Creative Media Institute courses will participate in the December offer round. An ATAR requirement is not applied.