Year 10 students need to remember that work experience is set to take place in the last week of Term 2 in 2019.
This year, students are allowed to complete their work experience at another date if their chosen employer is not able to meet our scheduled time, and the dates are approved by Mr McMillan or Ms Anastasi.
Here are 10 things you need to do to get ready for work experience:
- Found an employer and filled in the Application for Work Experience
- Return the Application for Work Experience to Mr McMillan or hand into your Senior Learning Mentor
- You’ll receive a Work Experience Arrangement Form (also known as the Blue Contract) via email or you can come by Mr McMillan’s office for a hard copy
- Have the employer sign the first page of the blue contract
- You need to sign the blue contract
- A parent or guardian needs to sign it too
- Bring the blue contract back to Mr McMillan or hand into your Senior Learning Mentor – it will then be signed by Ms Dishon
- Complete your Safe@Work General Module and upload to the portal
- Complete your Safe@Work Industry Specific Module and upload to the portal.
- Head to your work experience when they time comes
Need more information
Work experience isn’t a secret! All the information you need is available through this site. Make sure you look at these pages: