Who can apply?
Both current Year 12 and non-schools leavers are welcome to apply for an undergraduate at ACU through the Community Achiever Program. International students currently completing Year 12 in Australia can also apply.
To be eligible, you must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated voluntary involvement in your Community.
- Satisfy any prerequisite requirements and minimum entry score for your chosen degree.
- The ACU course selected on your Community Achiever Program application needs to be listed as your highest eligible preference when completing your VTAC application.
If you are accepted into Community Achiever Program, you’ll receive an offer into your undergraduate degree as early as August.
When you apply to ACU through CAP, your application will be assessed with reduced minimum entry scores. You’ll still need to meet the course prerequisites (such as subjects and study scores).
Just know that being offered a place at ACU is only the beginning for our Community Achiever Program students. ACU is confident that your outstanding attributes and experiences will continue to grow with their support through your entire degree.
Examples of Community Volunteering
- School leadership positions
- St Vincent de Paul Society
- Australian Red Cross
- St John Ambulance
- Orange Sky Laundry
- Surf Life Saving Club
- Rosies: Street Outreach
- Edmund Rice Centre camps
- Lifeline activities
- Returned Services League (RSL) and Legacy
- Youth Ministries Australia
- Local government activities
- Volunteer fire brigade services
- Peer mentoring/support programs
- Lay ministry
- Regular participation in fundraising activities
- Aged-care facilities
- Music or liturgy groups
- Assisting people with disabilities, refugees or youth at risk
- Scouts or Girl Guides
- Youth group leadership
- And many more…
The Application Process
|Applications Open||1 May 2018|
|Applications Close||31 July 2018|
|Offers Made by||End of August|
While all volunteering is valuable and highly regarded by ACU, there are limited spaces in each course. Your application will be assessed against other for the same course. When reviewing the details of your volunteering experience, the following characteristics are considered:
Nature of activity, your role and the impact of your volunteer work.
How often you participated and the commitment required.
How many hours and over what period of time you contributed.
- Visit acu.edu.au/community-achiever for how-to videos and advice on preparing your application.
- Complete the online application at acu.edu.au/community-achiever between 1 May and 31 July. Be sure to describe your volunteer work and provide references to support your statement. Before you submit your application, check you have supplied the correct contact details for your referees so that your application assessment can be completed. Your referees will be contacted to verify your volunteer work.
- Apply for your selected ACU course through VTAC and have it as your highest preference.