Are you hoping to study at the University of Melbourne in 2018? Be sure to check out this information on change of preferences, scholarships, Access Melbourne and more.
Did you know?
The University of Melbourne was ranked as Australia’s best university and Number 3 in the Asia-Pacific Region!
Change of Preferences
- 3 November – Late VTAC Applications Close
- 8 December – Very Late VTAC Applications Close
- 15 December – ATARs Released
- 18 December – Payment Deadline for Applications
- 18 December – University of Melbourne On-Campus Course Information Day (10am-2:30pm)
- 20 December – Change of Preferences Close
- 16 January 2018 – Round 1 Offers Released
Course Information Day at the University of Melbourne
Get one-on-one advice
Speak to staff from our undergraduate courses about your study options in 2018, and find out more about the many student services we have on offer.
Attend a presentation
We will have presentations running all day so you can learn more about what we offer
Bring your parents
We know your parents have questions too — that’s why we’re holding an information session just for them.
Imagine yourself at Melbourne
Tour our beautiful Parkville campus, located right on the fringe of Melbourne’s CBD, and take a look at our on campus residential colleges.
Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholarship
The Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholarship is awarded to talented undergraduate students in recognition of their outstanding academic achievement during their Australian Year 12 or International Baccalaureate (IB). You’ll receive a range of exciting benefits, including the Melbourne Global Scholars Award and a guaranteed place in a graduate degree*.
*Subject to meeting prerequisites for the graduate course
The Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholarship is available to high-achieving students enrolled in the following undergraduate degrees:
Domestic Students Benefits
- HECS student contribution exemption for the full duration of a Commonwealth Supported Place in a bachelors degree course and a concurrent diploma course
- Living allowance for the standard full-time duration of the bachelors degree course and concurrent diploma course with a value of:
- $5000 per year for students who studied in Victoria
- $10 000 per year for students who studied outside Victoria
- Melbourne Global Scholars Award of up to $2500 for an approved period of overseas study as an Exchange or Study Abroad student
- An accommodation place arranged by the University close to the Parkville campus in quality accommodation for the first year of study. The offer does not include the cost of accommodation.
- Guaranteed Commonwealth Supported Place in one of the professional masters degrees for students who meet the prerequisite course and entry requirements for the masters degree. Some exclusions apply.
The University of Melbourne Scholarships Program is one of the most generous in Australia. For more details about the full range of scholarships, click here.
Individual consultations for Year 12 International students will be available on Tuesday and Wednesdays between 2pm and 5pm, beginning 25 September at the University’s Parkville Campus.