Focus on Open Days
If you are considering studying at TAFE or university after school, it is crucial that you attend Open Days.
Throughout the year, vocational and tertiary institutions open their doors to the public and showcase their courses, accommodation, scholarships, pathway courses, student services and their ‘point of difference’. At an Open Day, you will be able to:
|Get a feel for the culture of the campus|
|Learn about courses and career options|
|Undertake campus and accommodation tours led by current students|
|Speak directly to students and lecturers about the courses or careers you are interested in|
|Compare the course area you are interested in at different institutions|
|Learn about student sports and societies you can join and be active in|
|Get course counselling and guidance|
|Attend information sessions and workshops|
|Watch live demonstrations|
|Listen to bands, eat lots of food, participate in activities and have fun!|
Don’t just pick a course at an institution without visiting the campus – you potentially will be spending several years studying there and spending tens of thousands of dollars on your course and accommodation. It’s worth making the effort.
The following is a list of Victorian Open Day dates for several institutions. On the websites, you will be able to register to receive information about the Open Day/s, go into draws to win prizes, watch videos from the 2016 days and download the Open Day planner for 2017.
Some institutions haven’t updated their Open Day websites yet, so stay tuned.
- Swinburne University– Hawthorn (30), http://bit.ly/1FRMN40
- Monash University: Peninsula (5), Clayton & Caulfield (6), Peninsula (20), http://bit.ly/1pmUEzv
- RMIT: (13), http://openday.rmit.edu.au/
- Australian Catholic University: Melbourne (13) & Ballarat (27), http://bit.ly/1TNUiMW
- La Trobe University– Shepparton (4), Melbourne (6), Albury-Wodonga (12), Mildura (16), Bendigo (27), latrobe.edu.au/openday
- University of Melbourne, Parkville & Southbank (20), https://openday.unimelb.edu.au/
- Deakin University– Warrnambool (6), Geelong (20), Melbourne (27), http://openday.deakin.edu.au/
- Victoria University, Footscray (27), vu.edu.au/
- Federation University, Ballarat and Gippsland (27), http://bit.ly/2pX92Ah