- Applications Open – Wednesday, 26 April 2017
- Applications Close – Monday, 17 July 2017
- Offers made – by the end of August 2017
What is it?
The Early Achievers’ Program has been recognising community minded students since 2009. The program supports students who engage in volunteering or leadership activities in their community – through their school, community organisation, cultural group, or religious group.
By applying to ACU through the Early Achievers’ Program applications are assessed on the type, frequency and duration of the community impact. It’s important to recognise that offers are conditional on the applicant meeting the prerequisites and minimum entry score requirements for their chosen course.
Successful recipients receive a conditional offer to study at ACU as early as August, and benefit from opportunities to enhance their leadership and volunteering skills whilst at ACU.
- Visit acu.edu.au/early-achievers for how-to videos and advice on preparing your application.
- Complete the online application at acu.edu.au/early-achievers between 26 April and 17 July. Be sure to describe your volunteer work and provide referees to support your statement. The contact details of your referee must be correct to ensure that your application assessment can be completed.
- Apply for your selected ACU course through Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC, VTAC, UAC) once applications open in August.
How your application is assessed
While all volunteering is valuable and highly regarded by ACU, there are limited spaces in each course. Your application will be assessed against others for the same course. When reviewing the details of your volunteering experience, the following characteristics are considered:
Type – Nature of activity, your role and the impact of volunteer work.
Frequency – How often you participated and the commitment required.
Duration – How many hours and over what period of time you contributed.
You can contact ACU on 1300 275 228 or by visiting acu.edu.au/askacu