Looking for something to do these school holidays?
Science in the City
Science in the City is a specialised tour of RMIT’s facilities where students and parents can learn more about the following RMIT single and double degree science programs:
- Environmental Science
- Food Science
The next tour will be run Thursday 30 March. For information and to register, go to http://bit.ly/2mjuIrn
Considering a Career in Forensic Science?
The Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine (VIFM) is holding their annual Forensic Science Careers Information Day on Monday 3 April, 12.30 – 4.00pm at Southbank.
Work at the VIFM includes:
- Forensic pathology
- Clinical forensic medicine
- Medico-legal death investigation
- Paternity testing
- Forensic science services
- Preparing coroners reports
You will receive information on careers in the industry, but you will not be able to participate in a tour of the building. There are limited spaces available so you will need to register quickly.
For more information and to register, go to http://bit.ly/2me1XIR
Explore Deakin University
During Term 1 school holidays you are invited to experience Deakin University through their Step on Campus program. You will be taken on a 45-minute tour of your chosen campus, where you will find out more about university life, study areas and be able to gain a feel for the campus. The tours will run every Monday and Thursday of the school holidays. For registrations and to find out more, visit http://bit.ly/2mHwAJC
Monash University Seminars
Monash University- ‘Inside Monash’ seminars. These events showcase different faculties within the University. The seminars run over several months and students have to book in advance. The following seminars are running in April:
- 6: Design & Fine Art
- 11: Architecture
- 12: Interior Architecture
For more information and to register, go to http://bit.ly/2ki2NYw
UMAT Exam Preparation Day: for year 10 – 12 students who would like assistance with preparing for the Undergraduate Medical Admissions Test. The event will run on Thursday 6 April at St Vincent’s Hospital, Melbourne, http://bit.ly/2kPN0LN
Surveying workshops at RMIT: RMIT is offering a series of free workshops for students interested in a career in land surveying. The workshops are practical one-hour sessions and will give students the opportunity to gain insight into the industry and see the current surveying equipment used in the industry including a digital level, total station, GPS and laser scanner.
They will also get the opportunity to do a practical activity measuring distance and use a precise surveying total station instrument to check their measurements. The next workshop is running on Thursday 6 April at RMIT’s Field Station at Yarra Bend. For information and to register, go to http://bit.ly/2nHMdz5
Experience La Trobe University
Experience La Trobe University: Registrations are now open for the Experience La Trobe Melbourne program. You will be able to:
- Participate in three hands-on workshops in the courses of your choice
- Participate in a campus and/or accommodation tour
- Learn about the Aspire program
- Talk to current students and lecturers.
The event will be held on Friday 7 April at the Bundoora campus. Parents are welcome. For more information and to register, go to http://bit.ly/2niDC9b
Want a career working with animals?
Interested in working with animals? You may be interested in the following two programs:
- Keeper for a Day, Healesville Sanctuary: Heading behind-the-scenes, you will get a hands-on experience of what it’s like to work as a zoo keeper as you take part in the many duties our keepers undertake on a daily basis, including food preparation, animal training and enrichment, health checks and exhibit design. Dates in April are – 4, 11 & 12. For information and to book your place, go to http://bit.ly/2n8l6wr
- Keeper for a Day, Werribee Open Range Zoo: The day provides budding animal enthusiasts with an opportunity to go behind the scenes and learn about our work in the conservation of threatened species and the importance of animal care, observation and enrichment. Dates in April are: 5, 7, 10 & 12. For information and to book your place, go to http://bit.ly/2n79TeZ
Charles Sturt University – MyDay Seminars
Charles Sturt University- ‘MyDay’ seminars: MyDay events showcase over 40 courses. The following MyDay events will be held in April at the Wagga Wagga campus:
- 7: wide range of courses including teaching, medical science, creative arts, social work, psychology, acting etc.
- 10, 11: Agricultural Science and Agribusiness
For more information and to register, www.csu.edu.au/go/myday
Academy of Interactive Media Industry Experience Day
Academy of Interactive Entertainment (AIE) Industry Experience Day: AIE is a private college in Melbourne offering vocational and higher education courses in Game Art & Animation, Game Programming, Game Design & Production, 3D Animation & VFX for Film and Virtual Worlds. They will be running an Industry Experience Day for prospective students on Wednesday 12 April and also gaming workshops during the first week of holidays. For information and to register, go to www.aie.edu.au/
A Day at Melbourne University
A Day at Melbourne University: This event is being held on Friday 7 April. You will learn about:
- Undergraduate degrees and graduate pathways at Melbourne
- Admissions and entry requirements
- Access Melbourne and Melbourne Scholarships
- Accommodation options
- How parents can help with the transition to university.
You will also be able to participate in a session focusing on the course you are interested in. To register, go to http://bit.ly/2lzP67x